Monday, August 20, 2012

PTI Make It Monday August 13th "Hand Stitching on Die-Cuts"

Hi, Last week Papertrey ink's MIM featured hand stitching on die-cuts. I liked the technique adding texture to the card. I thought I would be able to produce better results than I did...I have embroidered and crossed stitched before. Stitching on the paper was definitely more of a challenge. I crafted two cards for MIM.

The first card I started out thinking bark would look good stitched. First I used a chain stitch on the trunk of the tree, but that wasn't looking right, so I ripped out the stitches and use a back stitch. After I finished, the dark brown embroidery thread looks too dark, maybe the same color as my paper die cut trunk would have given it a tone on tone and been softer to the eye.
I also used the hexagon die and the happy hexagon stamps to create the tree leaves. I think they turned out well.

The second card I went looking for some Folk Art for inspiration. I love Folk Art. This is the piece I found.
I like the color combination of color opposites of the blue and orange with the tan. Also I just received an order from Papertrey Ink with an Orange Zest ink pad I was wanting to use! This is the card I made—

I used the Rosey Posey die and back stitched in blue around it, also added a few french knots to the smaller flower's centers. I used several different stamps, the tan top hexagon is from Rosey Posey, I covered part of the paper so only the top section would stamp. The little stars are from Nativity Silhouettes Addition, the flowers; Honey Bee, Women of Life, Remember, and Beyond Basic Borders. The embossed Happy Birthday is from Birthday Basics.
I'll be starting on this weeks MIM...using fabric on die cuts, this will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment