Thursday, August 30, 2012

Papertrey Ink MIM Challenge

Make It Monday #80: Making Garland

Ashley's our Make-It-Monday Gal this week as she shares her tips for making any shape into a trendy garland to put on your projects. We love anything that makes dies and stamps more versatile, so this tip is right up our alley.



12





 



I got a late start on this weeks Make it Monday challenge. We needed to make a garland from dies and attach to a card. Having only a few dies which coordinate with stamps, I had to improvise.


I used the PTI "2008 Holiday Collections" wreath stamp and my Silhouette to cut the circles. I hand cut the small notched edges. I wanted the string of jute to stand out more so I colored it orange with a Coptic marker. I wanted to wreaths to look like Fall wreathes. I used a tiny hole punch to make the orange berries and then glued them on the wreaths. I also used the new "Autumn Hills" stamps for the sentiment. I think it turned out fine.

1 comment: