Saturday, August 18, 2012

Papertrey INK MIM Watercolor Challenge

This was the challenge two weeks ago. The goal was to take the ink from the stamp pad and use it like watercolor. This was fun. I actually did three. After the first one, I knew it could be better. The projects did get better. I was happy with the one I finished at the end of the week.




The first one was too plain and had too much background of the Aqua Mist paper.

The second card I thought the layout worked fine, however there wasn't much watercolor technique in the hearts. I also entered this card in Verve Stamps Customer Card Carnival .

The third card I was very happy with. I had been reading in Debbie Olson's blog about hinged cards and thought I would try it to remake the first card.
I used the PTI Stitches & Swirls" and the large "Thanks" stamp, PTI inks; Aqua Mist, BlueberrySky and Enchanted Evening,and black was Memento Tuxedo Black. I stamped and water colored the image on card stock and used Tim Holtz's Paper Rosettes die to make the flower and Spellbindinders Grand Nestabilities Label 4 for the shape.

1 comment: