Friday, August 24, 2012

Papertrey Ink's August Blog Hop!!


I'm really excited about the Blog Hop tomorrow. This is my first blog, I started it last week just so I could participate the Blog Hop.

My card is 5½"x4" with a "Dark Chocolate" brown card base was embossed with Papertrey Ink's new Herringbone impression plate. PTI's Herringbone stamp in Distress Ink "Vintage Photo" was used on a 4½"x3" piece aqua paper. On another piece of aqua paper was cut 4½"x2½" and I used Martha Stewart's border punch on the edge. The punch has scalloped circles on the bottom, and since I wanted to keep everything with straight lines, I cut them off. The sentiment is PTI's "Remember". I had to cut the ribbon in half because it was too wide. I frayed the edges slightly for more texture. The aqua blue section was mounted on the brown base with dimensional foam squares.



I had some extra time today and decided to take the same idea and change it up a little.


I like the way this one turned out. I feel it meets more of the inspirations photos. The "Take Care" card is 5½"x4". The front panel is raised from the base card, it doesn't show in the photo. I used Versa mark watermark stamping pad with the Herringbone stamp to create the tone-on-tone.
Papertrey Ink Supplies; Herringbone stamp and Take Care stamp
Other supplies; Cuttlebug houndstooth embossing folder, Sizzix Valentine Flourishes, Tim Holtz Distress Collection paper, foam stickers. metal heart and fiber yarn.



Saturday 25th...
This morning had a some time and wanted to make a card that was not in my comfort zone...distressed. The above card is how it turned out. I normally like every in neat rows and symmetric. The PTI supplies were the Herringbone impression plate, Rosey Posey stamps. The sentiment is Verve Stamps. Everything else was supplies I had on hand. Thank you for taking the time to stop by!

Thank you for checking out my cards today...have fun hopping!


11 comments:

  1. Wow, Lisa! Your cards are so beautiful and elegant! I hope you win! Welcome to blogland...I love your blog! You're welcome anytime to stop by and ask for help if you need anything, I will try my best to help you out...but I see you definitely don't need help with cards! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Sharon, thank you for being the first comment! Thank you for the offer of advice, I like to learn all I can. How do I find your blog?

      Delete
  2. Great cards! I love your takes on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on starting a blog! I started mine last year for a challenge, too. Your first cards are great. Here's to many more. Oh, and make sure you turn off your word verification, especially if you want to enter challenges and get comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, Thank you for the tip. I didn't know the word verification was turned on. I think I have it removed now.

      Delete
  4. You cards are fabulous! I love the way you used the border die over part of the herringbone stamp. Congratulations on starting the blog - it is a great way to connect with other like-minded crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will enjoy having a blog. Love your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards, Lisa! I love the colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grat cards. Both so different. Love the blue card. So dainty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the blogging world! All three cards are beautiful. My favorite is the first one.

    ReplyDelete